Music both heals us and sets us free… it is so intrinsic to the nature of all life, it knows every atom within us
– Case Study –
Jenna was having chronic joint pain, fatigue, and digestion issues.
She was struggling with an inability to go to work, simultaneously co-parenting her young child. Whilst combining allopathic treatment with additional healing modalities, she had muscle-tested 8/10 for coming to Sound Healing sessions and wanted someone who knew what she was doing, who would provide sound healing rather than just a pleasant sound journey. So she came to see Clare.
What did Jenna experience in a Sound Healing session?
- The first time, I felt a ‘cooling’ experience inside my body, which was a great relief to my joint inflammation. My whole body felt expansive during the session.
- On another visit, I opted for pure voice and shruti sound healing, to focus on cooling my joints. The thing that stood out was the way Clare’s voice could travel inside my body, even entering my cells through the vibration of the sounds, and creating various unexpected reactions in my spleen, the area where my digestive issues were troubling me. I also felt energy travel down my arms and out of my fingers which was a relief.
- My 2nd Chakra started to activate and the energy there moved, which made me think of the information I had received prior, regarding healing my female lineage through my own healing journey.
- When I left I felt less fatigued, more spacious and a relief from pain. My joints were happier. In addition, I left with some tips for ways I could practice using sound to help myself in times of need, and good advice for ways to use Nature’s gifts in my spiritual practice.
Clare has an extensive background in;
- Light Body (Orin & Daben Graduate Training),
- Emotional Body Balancing,
- Reiki I, II & III,
- Using Sound for Healing and for educational lecturing and performance internationally.
Clare’s background as a musician and multi-disciplinary artist, along with her personal, and formal, research (MA, Consciousness Studies) and training, laid the groundwork for her private services as a sound healer and intuitive healer, a guide, and a sensitive. It also helped her forge the new path as a resident sound healer at Oakland Children’s Hospital for almost five years, working distinctly alongside their staff sound therapist. She works with the energies of a room, of the people and of intimacy. She co-founded the Sound Healing program – designing and teaching its core classes – at the Sound Healing Institute, SF. She has worked on innovative collaborative healing projects (Heart First, cancer art therapy) and was also chosen to be one of the healers included in The Sacred Sciences’ Energy Healing Movie Project.
*Therapists & Practitioners; if you are seeking sound healing as an enhancement for your practice, please click ‘Therapists’ option for more details.
What other people are saying
‘At the heart of her work, she gave children the opportunity to listen and connect to beautiful music. Many times I saw her enter a room, sense what musical choice would be most appropriate and then immediately and deeply connect with the patient and family through her music. Thank you so much for visiting our patients and their families. Your songs and music were such a success with the kids. Even the children who are traditionally the quietest and most withdrawn enjoyed and even participated during your time with them. Your ability to choose the right song certainly provided a meaningful connection for patients and parents and from my perspective, was so exciting to watch.’
Rebecca Rice, Childlife Specialist, Dept. Head, Oakland Children’s Hospital, CA
‘We first hired Clare as the resident Sound Healer for our Spirit Renewal Retreat in May 2015. Clare showed up and infused the entire group with her infectious energy, amazing and healing sound sessions, and mostly her thoughtful and loving presence. She was entirely present for the duration of the retreat and added a dimension of sound, music, creativity and thought that would have been missing had she not taken part… Clare’s group sessions were nothing short of inspired; through her deep intuition and nurturing nature, she read the group and delivered exactly what we needed. She provided a group sound healing session, group sings, and a session of fun and laughter as well. Playing with sound was a new experience for most and it invigorated our group like nothing else could. Clare also provided individual healing sessions and I know first-hand that several of the women experienced major personal breakthroughs. Hiring Clare as an addition to the retreat was a real blessing to those of us who were leading the retreat, and it was life-changing for our retreaters. I am so thankful for the many gifts Clare offers, and grateful that our paths have crossed in this lifetime. She is a true gem.’
Rebecca Shafi, Co-Founder & Lead Organizer, Women’s Annual Spirit Renewal Retreat
Past Sound Healing Events: Voice, Shruti, Tibetan Bowls, Sacred Sound.
- May 8, 2017 6.30-8.30pm. Sound Healing Workshop, Grace Cathedral, SF.
- May 5-7, 2017. Women’s Sound Healing Retreat, FourSprings, Middletown, CA.
- April 21-24, 2016. Women’s Sound Healing Retreat, FourSprings, Middletown, CA.
- Dec 19, 2015, 2-5pm. Winter Solstice Healing Event, Vicki Crystal, Clearlake, CA.
- Nov 25, 2015, 7pm. Vicki Crystal Healing Event, Clearlake, CA.
- Oct 24th, 2015 – 4-6. Healing Ritual for Valley Fire, Lake County victims @ MAC, Middletown, Ca.
- Aug 1, 2015, 5-8pm. Lammas Festival & Feast, Fairfax, CA.
- May 8-11, 2015. Women’s Sound Healing Retreat, Middletown, CA.
- May 3, 2015. Filmed Interview for A-Z Music Healing Project.
- March 28, 2015. Middletown Arts Opening.
- March 17, 2015. Sound Healing Circle w/Jason @ HOLR, Lakeport, Lake County.